Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 254

After last night's frustrating event in the kitchen I was in need of a self-esteem booster.  So today's post is for a delicious Cooking Light Zucchini-Pineapple Quick Bread.

 The Cast of Characters.
 You'll need 2 cups grated zucchini, which is about 1-1/2 medium zucchini.  I didn't want to waste 1/2 of a zucchini so I just used the whole 2 zucchinis.
 Combine 3 cups (13.5 oz) sifted all-purpose flour, 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp baking powder.  Stir and set aside.
 Beat 3 large eggs at medium speed until foamy.
 Add 2 cups sugar (I only used 1-1/2 cups), grated zucchini, 2/3 cup canola oil, and 2 tsp vanilla extract and beat until well blended.

 Add zucchini mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
 Fold in 2-8 ounce canse of crushed pineapple in juice that have been drained.
You can make two 9x5 loaves of bread or just muffins, or both.  Bake bread at 325 for 1 hour of until a knife comes out of the center clean.  I baked the muffins at 325 for about half an hour.
This was really delicious, especially warm.  I threw the muffins in the freezer for an easy on the go snack.  Just pop one in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds and you're good to go.
Now for the calories.  Cut the bread into 16 slices and one slice has 146 calories.  Actually, mine would have less because I reduced the sugar and it was still plenty sweet.
My mom makes amazing zucchini bread so when I saw this recipe in the cookbook I knew I was going to have to make it and I'm so glad I did!
I hope you make this and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment