Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 251

John and I went to Home Depot today to cash in on our awesome gift cards that we both received for Easter.  Before I knew that John had also been gifted a $25 gift card to Home Depot I was having to prioritize what I was going to get with mine.  I needed more bird seed for my one feeder, but I also wanted another bird feeder, especially one that held suet.  I knew that these alone would run me over $25 but I also wanted to get either some succulents or some flowers to put in the Seagrove Pottery pot my mom sent me.  So when I found out John also had $25 for HD, I was ecstatic.
Here's the treasures we got.

A cedar bird feeder with two suet holders and the new "wild bird feed," an upgrade from just plain old sunflower seeds.

Birds on the new bird feeder.  Unfortunately, the birds are still eating more out of the old one.  I guess it'll just take some time for them to warm up to this one.

Flowers!  We've got marigolds, deep purple violas, red petunias, and blue lobelias.  We planted 8 of the small sections in this pot and have 7 left over.  If only I had a matching pot.....I guess I'll just have to go get another pot and plant the other 7 in a non-matching pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment