Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 268

I love smoothies. Growing up, my mom would make smoothies for my sister and I sometimes before we would go to school. There was also the best smoothies shop in the world in Greensboro called The Juice Shop. Cash only and they had about ten smoothies on their menu that haven't changed since the first time I ever went there.
You don't need a recipe for smoothies, although sometimes it's nice to have one if your doing something special. You can just throw in a plethora of fresh and frozen fruit, ice, yogurt, and fruit juice and you've got yourself a healthy meal.
John and I had both been craving smoothies lately so today I took the bull by the horns and went to Bed Bath and Beyond with my 20% off coupon and bought a blender.
I considered buying a KitchenAid because it was on sale for about $70 and had probably ten different settings until I saw the Oster one that I ended up purchasing. My parents to this day have their Oster blender which they received as a wedding present nearly thirty years ago and John's parents also have an Oster blender that is twenty some odd years old. Plus, who really needs ten different settings for a blender?

No comments:

Post a Comment