Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 243

I've talked about my family and our "thing" with birds before, as well as how much we hate squirrels.  I would like to take this opportunity to tell you a funny story.


This is my dad's bird feeder contraption.  It's awesome.  There's normally tons of birds on it, from gold finches to cardinals to the dumb doves that land onto and look down at the bird feeders.  I can just hear them, "Duhhh....how do I get to the food?"  We like to make fun of them.
The ladies were standing in the kitchen talking and looking out the window when a damn squirrel did the unthinkable.
You see that metal cone-like thing?  It's there to keep those vermin from getting to the feeders.  Well this little guy had been training.  I saw him hunker down then leap with all of his might ABOVE the barrier!!  He proceeded to climb up and on top of one of the feeders.  Click on the picture and look!  Scoundrel.
However, the story gets funnier.  For years my dad has had interesting things that he calls people/things that he doesn't like.  And for many more years he has freaked out over squirrels on the bird feeders.  So I told him about this squirrel.  He walked to the kitchen window, looked at the squirrel and uttered these words,
"COMMUNIST SQUIRREL!!"
Haha.  What?!  Communist squirrel?!  Oh we laughed.  And laughed some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment