Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 227

Has it really been three and a half years since I went to college?!  Oh I remember the weekends of frat parties, house parties, tailgate parties, you-name-it kind of parties.
Themed parties were always fun.  There were "School-girl and Principal" parties, ABC (Anything But Clothes) parties, Blacklight parties (some of my all time favorites: everyone wears white shirts and brings highlighters to write on each other and all of the light bulbs have been swapped with black lights), and the "G.I. Joe and Barbie 'Hoe'" parties.
Oh college.....


Goodness this feels like forever ago.  I believe this was from late winter/early spring 2008.  This was at a fraternity that lots of my sister and my friends from high school pledged.  This was the "GI Joe and Barbie Hoe" party.
Pardon the name....I didn't come up with it.
I didn't have anything to wear that could even be slightly considered appropriate attire for such a themed party so I bought this dress from Express.  Don't worry, Mom.  It's a modest dress.  It came just above my knees.
I wasn't foreseeing that I would have a need for this dress anytime in the near future, or even at all for that matter.  However, I have a friend, Katy, that went to college this past fall and she has since pledged a sorority.  This dress has seen some good times in my college years so I sent it off to her to add some more stories to its repertoire.


So I packaged it up and sent this dress off to Katy.
We'll have to start something like the Sisterhood of Traveling Pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment